Parish of Doora Barefield
Working with Children & Young People Involved in Parish
The Parish of Doora Barefield, welcomes and encourages the participation of children, young people and adults in Parish life and activities. The Parish endeavours to create a safe environment for everyone involved.
Code of Conduct.
- Children, young People and Adults treat each other with respect.
- All Children, Young People are treated fairly and equitably.
- If a Child, Parent / Guardian is unhappy with any aspect of the child’s / young persons care, all aspects of any complaint will be considered by a third party.
- Children, Young People and Adults will use respectful language.
- Children, Young People and Adults will respect the individuals right to privacy.
- The physical integrity of Children, Young People and Adults will be respected.
- Children, Young People and Adults will respect the property and premises connected with Parish activities.
- Children and Young People will not be given alcohol or illegal drugs, under any circumstances.
- No publication of photographs of children will take place without consent of Parent or Guardian.
The above code is in accordance with “The Keeping Children Safe”, guidelines. (issued by the Diocese of Killaloe, March 2004).
Parish Representatives for ‘The Keeping Children Safe’: Sheelagh Garvey and Regina Monahan
Diocesan Child Protection Workers
Mary Nash 065 683 9339 / 086 047 1254
Joe Searson 065 708 7875 / 087 676 2023